Get ready for the circular economy
Smart packaging design will be essential to meeting the EU’s collection and recycling targets. The requirements include markedly higher recycling rates (e.g. 50% for plastic packaging by 2025), and all plastics packaging should be recyclable by 2030. ARA Circular Design is an opportunity for you to get ready for the EU Circular Economy Package and plastics strategy.
Design for recycling:
Improving the recyclability of packaging
Our analysis of your packaging and its components is based on objective standards to evaluate recyclability under the current (collection, sorting and recovery) conditions in Austria. Then we highlight potential for environmental and economic improvement.
What we need: your technical packaging specifications. What you get: a certificate.
Design from recycling:
Using more recycled material
We investigate how you can use more secondary raw material in your packaging without compromising functionality and attractiveness. ARArecythen and ARAprocyclen are industry-grade recyclates we offer according to individual specifications.
- You fulfil your responsibility as a producer.
- Your packaging enjoys wider consumer acceptance.
- You build your position as a sustainable company.
- You shrink your ecological footprint.
- You make sure recyclability and sustainability play a key role in the development of your packaging.
- You contribute to the circular economy by creating a use for high-quality secondary raw materials.
- You optimise processes and cut costs.
- You take proactive steps in light of possible legal changes (eco-modulation to ensure that compliance fees reflect the materials’ environmental impact).